Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Friendship


Friendships among girls are a funny thing. They can often be plagued by cattiness and gossip, yet above all things they are resilient. Throughout the tiffs and arguments, deep down it is simply known that the friendship can always endure. I have always been blessed with the greatest of friends, regardless of the coast that I happen to be on at that moment. They are the girls that I laugh with and cry with, but mostly they are the girls I am myself with. We all come from different upbringings, we have different opinions about the gulf spill and hostels, but we are bonded by our indefinite love and loyalty for each other. I often think that if people would approach any human being they meet on the street in the same way that they approach their best friends, the world would be a much more enjoyable place to live in. Because, after all, it really doesn't matter if we don't all think the same thing as long as we have the ability to lend an ear to listen with and a heart for caring. In the worst of times, the times when we think that the world probably couldn't be an uglier place, it is the friendships that we have cultivated that remind us that love is simply a call or text away. Thanks to all my friends, from the ones that I talk to everyday to the ones that I can pick right up where we left off with, you mean more to me than I ever tell you--probably because I'm rambling to you already.

1 comment:

  1. Well, this post is the reason that with all this is happening with Gramma, I called Shelly. You are fortunate to have your dear girlfriends, I was just glad I had Shelly, on the other side of the coast on Sunday morning....

    ReplyDelete