Sunday, January 16, 2011

Last Night


Tonight is the last night that I will sleep in my childhood bed as a college student. By the time I return in May, I will have a degree, and hopefully some idea of how to spend the next part of the rest of my life. The first part of that I'm sure of, the second part is up for grabs.

This break has given me a lot of time to think about what I want to do with the rest of my life, if I could only settle on a few of those thoughts I would be in pretty dandy shape. Today, while I made butterscotch frosting for a chocolate cake, Julia read to me from some of her favorite blogs. One of them, "The Pioneer Woman," had a section on blogging tips that suggested that you need to tend to a blog like a plant, and even when you have nothing to say, say it anyway. (How was that for a run-on sentence...). Tonight is one of those nights that I don't have a whole lot to say...

Here's what I did on my last day of my last night as an undergraduate student in Encinitas:

I went hiking with my two best friends to Torrey Pines and down onto the beach...

Photo Courtesy of Rainforestcollective.com

We ate Vegan Cupcakes at Lotus Cafe in Downtown Encinitas...



We sat in the sand in our running clothes and lied to boys by saying we were training for a triathalon(apparently that seemed like a good excuse for us being at the beach in running wear)...


Jules read crazy internet finds while I baked a yummy chocolate cake with butterscotch frosting...

The Butterscotch Frosting was homemade from my new cookbook, but the cake was a mix(Trader Joes succeeds again!)

Had dinner with my whole family and then some...

Pretended to pack but really looked at European adventures...

Sat in my bed with Rodeo, my hyperactive yet lovable cattle dog.


I think it was a pretty good final day. The sun was shining, the company was fabulous, and I still have an entire semester of fun ahead of me. Yes, life ,while certainly not quite as orderly as I would like, is good.
Gorgeous!

Ps-I found this picture of my grandpa while I was cleaning their attic...it makes me smile no matter how many times I look at it!

3 comments:

  1. hey i didnt know you had a blog little lady!! woooohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely.

    All of us who have watched you grow from a little girl look forward to seeing what happens next.

    Joy Of Cooking: I finally got a New-To- Me hardbound version as the paperback copy I learned how to cook from was finally, after 30 years, too shredded to use anymore. The 1964 version is the one - still has the stuff on canning, cooking game, etc, plus everything I've ever wanted to cook.

    Puppa sure loves to fish, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Caitlin, would you set the table?"

    "Are we having people over for dinner or is it a dinner party?"

    "I made beef stroganoff, you made a lovely cake and put it on a pretty plate. Gramma, Puppa, Molly, the girls, and Julia are coming. It's a dinner party."

    Glad that this was how we spent your last full night at home, as a college student.

    ReplyDelete