Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rainy Day Thoughts


The rainstorm of the decade greeted me upon return to California, but I’m not down about it. The rain has forced me to hunker down and relax a bit, something that is much needed now that the holidays and my birthday are in full force. Tomorrow I’m turning 22 on the 22nd, making it my ever-awaited “Golden Birthday”. I think my friends and family are sick of hearing about it…

Today, after boredom got the best of us, Julia and I went for a walk in the downpour. It’s funny how we revert so fast to childhood when we’re home together. We must have looked ridiculous; two 22-year-old girls puddle hopping through Encinitas in oversized raincoats and boots. Call me crazy but it was a lot of fun! For girls that try so hard to be mature in are normal day-to-day existence, we sure get silly fast. Afterwards we went to a movie with the final member of the tripod Kelly, and then to Jade’s for wine, Apples to Apples, and more reminiscing of childhood past.

Most of my friends at home don’t have a set plan of what they’re doing next year, this should make me feel better, but instead it freaks me out more. While half of me is blissfully excited about the unexpected next, it’s hard to calmly imagine a plan-less future. For now I am simply trying to enjoy my time at home, and hoping to get back on track with my blog. Volleyball season put a damper on my creative flow, but hopefully being home will bring some much-needed inspiration. Hope everyone is having a sparkling holiday season!

Here are some pictures of rain that I’m loving right now…







I'm loving the couple in the distance...makes me wonder what they're talking about...but I'm nosy like that.









I love the out of focus background, with the rain in focus. There is something so mysterious and profound about unfocused pictures












This scene from "The Notebook" says it all...rain can definitely be fun and romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment