Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Quote

People grow old only by deserting their ideals


Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul.


You are


as young as your faith,


as old as your doubt;


as young as your self-confidence,


as old as your fear;


as young as your hope


as old as your despair.


In the central place of every heart there is a recording chamber. So long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer and courage, so long are you young. When your heart is covered with the snows of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, then, and then only, are you grown old. And then, indeed as the ballad says, you just fade away --Douglas MacArthur


Now that finals are over I plan on blogging a lot more! I heard this quote in my Comm Law class today and I thought it was very inspirational. I especially like the part about wrinkles because even though I'm only 21 I worry about that kind of thing. It's weird that I only have one more semester left of college, the time has gone by way too fast! I'm not really sure what I'm going to do next year, but I'm trying to enjoy the moment and not worry too much about the future. Hope this quote finds everyone feeling young and joyful!

No comments:

Post a Comment